Tuesday, December 27, 2016

And then there were 5...



5--that's how many shifts of work I have left. So hard to believe. I don't think it's truly hit...but I think I am starting to get there. I am at the point where I am saying goodbye to amazing friends and coworkers who I will no longer be working side by side with every night like I have for the past 7 years. So weird to think about. I am ridiculously excited for what's to come, that's for sure! But saying goodbye and knowing that I will no longer be working there every night just seems so final. Any other time, even on my 3 month leave of absence, I knew I was returning. And of course, I will come back for visits and stay in touch thanks to WhatsApp and Facebook. But it will definitely be different. I just want to take a timeout to say thank you, thank you, thank you to my coworkers...and honestly, that doesn't seem adequate at all for how grateful I am of you guys! You guys are truly amazing. Not only because of what we deal with and experience every day and night, but for the friendships that have occurred from there, whether it was from something that happened at work that just shook us to our cores, something that we can only shake our heads at, or something in our personal lives. We've definitely experienced and endured a lot, but have come so close because of it. I am truly grateful for all of you and can say I have worked with some of the best teammates, friends, and family ever. Thank you especially for all of those nights where you helped with my crazy trainwrecks, got me to laugh when I was about ready to lose my crap, and stuck by my side through my toughest year of my life, even if it was just to push a piece of chocolate my way, give me a hug, make me laugh, or let me talk, vent, cry, or step away for a hot second. You guys are just absolutely amazing! Thank you for the encouragement for all these years when I would go to Guatemala "yet again," for pushing me to take the leave of absence that I desperately needed and didn't realize how bad of shape I was in until I got there, and for being so supportive of my move to Guatemala even though I know a ton of you are either dreading this or in denial. I will definitely miss working with you all, doing the challenging IVs, getting that trainwreck of a hot mess patient, and the many laughs we have together despite a difficult night. (So you all need to stay in touch often...and come visit often! Not even kidding!!) But I know that this move is the right call at this point in my life. The details are falling into place way better than I could have planned it. Clearly, God is all over this!


Eating my hair
So as most of you know, January 3rd is my last night at work...and yes, it's a "princess" shift (Night before is a 12...if that makes any of you feel better). And then I need to hardcore focus on this "little" thing called packing. I have one box mostly packed and some more to go. I keep telling myself that I can get it all done once am done with work. Well, that time is quickly approaching and filling up with things to get accomplished. But one way or another, it is getting done before this little trip to Haiti...and then Uganda...and then final stop in Guatemala. I just spent this past weekend at my parents' for Christmas and we had a great time. I stopped in at Martinsburg Mennonite Church one final time before I leave and was able to say goodbye and thank you so much for your continued love, prayers, and support! Thank you to all of my donors and people willing to give so that I can do what God has called me to do....and He's pulling you guys into it...partnering along side and making a huge impact on so many people because of your donations and support! You guys are making a huge difference in so many lives! Honestly, so no need to say this is all me doing the work...it's not at all. It's all God and He's using all of us to do this...so again, thank you!!

Best photobomb ever. And this cat was caught in the milk replacer bag



Enjoying the milk dripping from the calf's mouth

Selfie gone bad

Many of you donated for food for kids and their families this Christmas and because of the amazing donations from you guys, they were able to receive not only food, but helped to buy school supplies for the kids, Bibles for patients and kids at clinic who don't have one, activities/crafts/decorations for Christmas parties, and the food for the party. Huge, huge THANK YOU! I about cried happy tears on more than one occasion at work when you guys were giving. I think Peter and his mom were a bit shocked at how much you guys were able to provide for. It's so humbling and amazing to see it! I had faith that you all would provide...something about Christmas time and my coworkers...they love to give! We certainly have a history of that :) (I still see kids running around down there with their fleeces that were given a few years ago). I have also received some blankets to give to families who live in tin shacks, sleeping on either one bed or no bed on a mud floor and lately it's been getting into the 40's at night in that area. So these families will be able to stay warm at night because of these blankets. So again, thank you!

And last but not least....my website is done! Conner, my grandson (see previous posts about how I have 2 grandsons if you have no clue what I am talking about), has finished it and I have to say, it's pretty awesome! Here's the link, save it, and spread the word about it: 1lifeatatime.com
There are 2 videos on there: one explaining what I will be doing in Guatemala and the other is the blooper reel. There is a tab with pictures from the previous medical team that we had this past October with Reading Hospital's very own Mark and Deb, and pictures from my 3 month leave of absence when I was volunteering at some clinics, and when we had camp with the kids (same kids who received the food this Christmas). My blog will now be posted on there instead of this website...just to keep everything on one site and that way you don't have to bounce around to different sites and try to keep them all straight. And the last tab has a button to click and will take you to where to donate (It will redirect you to the same website that you have been using to donate: cten.org/donnadelp). Again, I will not be getting paid in Guatemala and am relying strictly on support from you guys. So please, spread the word! You can give monthly and/or as a one time donation. It is tax deductible. So honestly, any amount is a huge help and blessing. Thank you to those who have donated and those who are considering and for those of you who are praying and have been a major support and encouragement! Love you guys! And MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy the pictures below of the Christmas party and the kids who received the food and gifts from your donations that were given specifically for that! You guys are awesome!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment